Spread the love
The best reason to go with penne for this particular dish, is the delight of finding peas that have snuck inside the little tubes! A simple dish, sweetened with tarragon, and very quick to make. Must be served immediately before the ricotta stiffens.
- Salt to preference
- ¾ pound gluten-free penne (e.g. quinoa or rice based)
- 2cups frozen peas (thawed)
- 1garlic clove. (Put through a press or mortar & pestle with a pinch of salt)
- ½cup ricotta (fresh)
- 2 tablespoons tarragon (minced)
- Freshly ground pepper to preference
- ¼ cup Parmesan (grated)
- Generously salt a large pot of water, and bring to a boil. Add the peas & pasta. Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the garlic, ricotta & tarragon. Season with salt & pepper according to taste.
- When the pasta is perfectly cooked al dente, take out ¼ cup of pasta water, and proceed to mix 2-4 tbsp of it with the ricotta, to get it to the consistency of cream. Add a little additional water, if needed, to achieve this consistency. Drain peas & pasta, toss with ricotta, and top with parmesan. Serve immediately.
- This dish can’t be made in advance, but is ideal & quick to make last minute.