Halloween is certainly all about candies, but what if you add some easy to cook cookies to your Halloween basket! This cookie recipe won’t make you spend hours in the kitchen, but all these cookies will be eaten up before you can say Jack Robinson.
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 6 tbsp Mascarpone
- ½ bar of chocolate
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- 9 tbsp (140g) butter
- Grated zest of 1 small orange
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tbsp sugar
- Let butter stand at room temperature for 30 to 60 minutes until it becomes room temperature. Beat up with a wooden spoon.
- Add flour, sugar and orange zest. Knead the dough, roll it into a ball, wrap with kitchen film and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling. Melt chocolate in a water bath or microwave. Combine Mascarpone and powdered sugar. Add chocolate, mix.
- Roll dough into a 1.2 inch layer thick. Cut out 24 circles with a 2 ½ inch diameter. Place them on parchment.
- With a small sharp knife cut out “eyes”, “nose” and “mouth” on 12 circles. Put them aside.
- Use circles without cuttings. Spread filling on them and top with “face” parts. Press them down a bit.
- Form pumpkin “tails” out of dough cuts and stick them to “faces”. With a knife draw rays from the top. Bake all “faces” in the oven preheated to 320°F (160° C) for 15 minutes. Let them cool.
- Mix powdered sugar with orange juice and graze cookies with this mixture.