Spread the love
- 1 head Boston lettuce or bibb
- 112-ounce can or jar imported tuna in olive oil
- 12 small new potatoes (cook until tender, then halve)
- 1 cup green beans, (trim ends, cook until tender)
- ½ red bell pepper (seed & julienne)
- 16-ounce jar artichoke hearts, marinated, drained
- 2 firm ripe tomatoes (quarter lengthwise)
- 2 hard-cooked eggs (shell, halve lengthwise)
- 6 anchovy fillets
- 12 black olives (pitted & sliced)
- Handful of capers
- 3 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove (peel & crush)
- ¾ cup olive oil (extra-virgin)
- Coarse sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon mixed chopped herbs (such as chervil & chives)
- Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)761 calories; 55 grams fat; 7 grams saturated fat; 33 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 7 grams polyunsaturated fat; 34 grams carbohydrates; 7 grams dietary fiber; 5 grams sugars; 34 grams protein; 95 milligrams cholesterol; 1165 milligrams sodium
The information shown is only an estimate based on the available ingredients and specified preparation. This should not take the place of a professional nutritionist’s advice.
- Through the root end, quarter the lettuce. Rinse, and pat dry with some paper towel. Put each quarter in a shallow bowl or large plate. Place your drained tuna in a bowl, and use a fork to flake into bite-size pieces – scatter over the lettuce. Next, scatter your potatoes, pepper, beans, tomatoes & artichoke hearts. Take an egg half and arrange on the side of each plate. Sprinkle each dish with olives, anchovies & capers.
- In a bowl, mix your vinegar, garlic and mustard. Slowly whisk in the oil until it has thickened. Season with salt, pepper & herbs according to individual preferences. Drizzle evenly over the salads, and enjoy!