Are you convinced that you don’t like Brussels sprouts? Well, this 4-ingredient side-dish recipe for Brussels Sprouts with Bacon is dedicated to you! The key trick is to caramelize Brussels Sprouts until crispy outside and tender inside. Meantime, lemon juice and bacon will add intense flavor.
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts (small sprouts left whole, larger sprouts cut into 1/2-inch pieces)
- 5 bacon slices (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
175 calories; 12.1 g fat; 13.6 g carbohydrates; 4.8 g protein; 7 mg cholesterol; 352 mg sodium.
- Cook Brussels sprouts in salted boiling water for 4-5 minutes.
- Cut bacon into thin slices. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon, and sauté for 5 minutes until bacon begins to brown. Add Brussels sprouts, sprinkle with salt and lemon juice and fry it for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve immediately.