Spread the love
Cut out cookies aren’t just for Christmas. Yes, shaped cookies are amazing at Christmas time, but they can also be festive in the spring with stars and hearts. This recipe starts as most cookies do, with butter and sugar. Then comes a flavour hit, thanks to fresh lemon juice and grated lemon zest. These cookies are easy to make, filled with sweet and tangy lemon flavour and mix up easily in just 10 minutes.
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 8 oz butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Beat up butter and sugar powder for 2-3 minutes, until you get a fluffy light mass.
- Add egg, lemon juice, zest and vanilla extract and continue beating up for 1 minute.
- Combine flour and salt in a bowl. Add to the butter mixture and mix with a mixer at low speed until smooth. Do not mix for a long time, otherwise the cookies will be hard!
- Wrap the dough with plastic wrap and put to the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (175° C).
- Roll out the dough. Cut out cookies with cookie cutters of you choice.
- Bake cookies for 5–7 minutes.
- Cool the cookies on the baking dish for 5 minutes.