Spread the love
One of my new favorite easy dinners. It really has such an amazing flavor combination with the fresh peaches, fresh basil, ginger and oregano. All in only 20 minutes, which makes this dish perfect for school nights! Just add some rice or quinoa and you’re done!
- 1/2 lb chicken breast without skin and bone
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ripe peach
- 1 small sweet pepper
- 1 small onion, preferably red
- 1 lemon of juice and zest
- 1/4 tsp of cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 slice of hot pepper to taste
- 3-5 cilantro twigs to taste
- Salt to taste
- Bread for serving
- Slice chicken fillet longwise. Season with salt, a pinch of sugar and a tablespoon of olive oil. Stir and put aside to marinate for 30 minutes- 24 hours.
- Cut onions into thin half-rings. Sprinkle with salt, black pepper, a pinch of sugar and 1/2 lemon juice.
- Combine the remaining lemon juice, finely grated zest, ginger, salt, sugar, cumin, oregano and chopped hot peppers for dressing.
- Dip peach into boiling water for 2 minutes. Then rinse with cold water and peel the skin.
- Cut peach and sweet pepper into thin slices.
- Heat a deep frying pan on medium heat. Fry chicken slices for 2 minutes from each side. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil.
- In the same frying pan, fry peach and sweet peppers for 3-4 minutes. Return chicken to the pan, pour in the dressing, stir and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve with fresh bread, onions and cilantro leaves.