This salad is perfect if you want something new for dinner because you’re tired of the same old things. Since I’m not a big fan of the store-bought salad dressings, I prefer having different types of olive oils and balsamic vinegars around in my kitchen. This homemade dressing really helps complete the salad and different flavors and textures really work well together.
- 2 handfuls lettuce
- 1/2 bunch watercress
- 1 medium cucumber
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 small bunch parsley
- 2 sprigs basil leaves
- 1 handful pine nuts
- 2 tbsps apple cider vinegar
- 6 tbsps olive oil
- 2 tbsps apple juice
- 1 tsp mustard
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Wash lettuce and dry with paper towel. Tear with hands into a bowl.
- Cut watercress. Add to the bowl.
- Slice cucumber.
- Cut avocado into medium cubes.
- Chop basil and parsley.
- In a dry frying pan, fry pine nuts for 1 minute.
- In a bowl, mix olive oil, mustard, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper. Beat the mixture with a fork.
- Combine lettuce, cucumber and avocado, basil and parsley. Pour in the dressing and sprinkle with roasted pine nuts.