This isn’t your ordinary chicken and rice here. In this simple but elegant recipe, chicken is successfully combined with sweet and sour dried apricots and incredible flavor of cinnamon. It is so delicious, it is worth every minute spent in the kitchen preparing it.
- 2 cups boiled rice
- 1 onion
- 2 oz butter
- 2 lbs chicken boneless thigh
- 2 tbsps raisins
- ½ cup dried apricots
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Black pepper to taste
- Greens to taste
- Heat a deep frying pan. Put chicken thighs and fry over moderate heat until golden brown. Turn and fry on another side.
- Add finely chopped onions to the chicken. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Add raisins and dried apricots. Stir to cover the dried fruits with chicken fat and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Pour in boiling water so that the chicken is covered. Cover the frying pan with a lid and cook for 35-45 minutes.
- In a wide sauté pan melt 1/2 butter. Put 1/2 rice to the pan and top with the pieces of chicken with dried fruit.
- Pour in the sauce from the frying pan. Top with the remaining rice. Cover the sauté pan with a lid. Cook over low heat for 20-25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with greens before serving.