The warmer weather calls for sunshine lemon cupcakes. Why lemon? Lemon can do miracles to a plain cake. These cupcakes are moist and full of lemon flavor. Using this recipe, you can cook one big cupcake or 12 small ones.
- 2 cups flour
- 10 oz butter
- 2 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup butter milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp cream cheese
- 2 tbspl butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk
- Take butter and cream cheese out of the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175° C).
- Mix flour, salt, soda and baking powder.
- Beat up butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one by one and vanilla extract, beat up well.
- Add butter milk and then flour to the butter-egg mixture, kneading the dough. Add lemon juice and zest, mix.
- Spread the dough into a cupcake liner (about 7/8 height) and bake for 20 minutes. Cool muffins completely and then gently remove from the liner.
- For icing, beat up butter, cream cheese and 1 cup of powdered sugar in an electric mixer. Then add vanilla extract and 1 cup of powdered sugar, beat until smooth. Add another glass of powdered sugar, mix and pour 1 tablespoon of milk, mix again.
- Put the icing on the completely cooled muffins.