This tasty creamy green pea soup with coconut takes just 25 minutes to make. It is full of flavour and only requires a handful of ingredients! This soup is warming, creamy, flavourful and great for a fast lunch or dinner! What is remarkable about this recipe is that instead of coconut milk, you can use regular heavy cream.
- 600 g frozen green peas
- 2 large onions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 green chili
- 1 can coconut milk
- 50-60 g cilantro
- 2-3 leaves of kaffir lime (optionally)
- 1 lime (zest and juice)
- Vegetable oil to taste
- Salt to taste
- Finely chop cilantro (set aside some for serving), peeled chili, garlic and lime leaves. Add salt and blend until smooth.
- Peel and finely chop onion. Fry in a saucepan for 5 minutes. Add the spicy mixture and fry for another 1 minute.
- Add frozen peas. Stir. Pour in 3 cups of cold water. Bring to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes. Add chopped cilantro (set aside for serving) and blend until smooth.
- Pour in coconut milk. Salt. Bring to a boil.
- Pour into bowls. Add some zest into each. Sprinkle with lime juice and cilantro. Serve.