Spread the love
Stewed duck with tangerines is another hot dish for a festive table. It can be served with couscous, rice, bulgur or quinoa if desired.
- 6 small tangerines or clementines
- 6 duck legs
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 200 g shallots
- 1 lemon juice
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp mixture of red paprika and cumin
- 2 tbsp roasted sesame seeds
- Couscous for serving
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Sprinkle duck legs with salt and pepper. Place in an ovenproof dish and cook in the oven preheated to 360° F (180° C) for 40–45 minutes.
- Pour 3-4 tablespoons of melted duck fat into a large skillet. Transfer duck legs to a bowl. Put aside the remaining fat.
- Cut onion into large slices. Fry in duck fat for 2-3 minutes. Add the mixture of red paprika and cumin, honey, lemon juice and broth. Season with salt and pepper. Toss and add duck legs. Cover the skillet with a lid. Top with any press and cook over low heat for 60-90 minutes.
- Peel tangerines. In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of duck fat. Add whole tangerines and sauté them, turning, until light brown.
- Place tangerines in the skillet with duck and cook for another 10-15 minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and remove from heat. Serve with couscous.