Spread the love
The best fish pot pie recipe is a homemade fish pot pie with flaky pie crust and creamy fish pot pie filling. This pot pie is loaded with flavor and tastes best on those cold days where you just need something warm and comforting! If you want to make an easy pot pie, start out using refrigerated pie dough. Of course, if you have the time to make your own homemade pie crust, that would be amazing too.
- 1 lb cod fillet
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 egg
- 1 cup heavy cream 20%
- 1 carrot
- 5 oz leek
- Preheat oven to 400˚ F (200-220 ˚C).
- Cut leek into rings. Peel carrot and grate.
- Heat a frying pan. Add 1 teaspoon of oil and fry leek over medium heat for 2-3 minute. Add carrot, cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove fish bones. Cut fish into 4×4 cm pieces. Pour heavy cream into the pan and add fish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Roll out the dough. Do make it too thin. Put the dough on a baking sheet. Put the stuffing on one half of the dough and cover with another one. Seal the edges of the crust and cut slits in the top crust.
- In a bowl, beat up the egg with a fork. Grease the pie with the egg. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve hot.