This is a fantastic way to cook fish and the best thing about it is that you can use any fish variety. This recipe calls for baking, which guarantees a juicy dish with a lot of flavor for a midweek meal. Even if you are not fish people, yet you will really like this!
- 1 1/2 lbs fish fillets
- 2 cups wild rice (cooked)
- 1 rock samphire
- 8 dried tomatoes in oil
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Salt, freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 390 °F (200° C).
- Chop garlic.
- Cut off samphire stems. Cut the rock into medium cubes.
- Melt butter in a pan and fry samphire with garlic. Sprinkle with salt and lemon juice. Fry for about 7 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Slice tomatoes into thin strips and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Combine tomatoes, samphire and rice. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and lemon zest.
- Take 4 sheets of parchment. Put ¼ rice mixture into the center of each sheet and top with fish. Sprinkle with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Wrap each portion.
- Bake for 11–12 minutes and serve hot.