Raisin cookies are so popular, probably because of their tender and chewy texture and sweet flavor. These cookies will be especially tender if you use overripe bananas. What we really like about these cookies is how easy it is to make. It is just a matter of combining all the ingredients together. They can be cooked every day: there are no expensive ingredients.
- 2 large, ripe bananas
- 4 tbsp raisins
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom and ginger powder (optional)
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- Soak raisins with 1/2 cup of room temperature water for 2 hours. Then dry. Preheat oven to 320° F (160° C).
- Mash banana with a fork into a smooth puree. Add sugar and oil, mix. Put raisins with the water they were soaked in and stir again.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, spices (optional), and baking powder. Combine banana and flour mixture. Stir. You should have thick, lean cookie dough.
- Place the dough in muffin moulds (1 tablespoon each). Bake for about 15 minutes. Cool before serving.