Spread the love
This spinach salad is a crazy delicious salad. It combines crispy thick-cut bacon with baby spinach, boiled eggs, mushrooms, and a warm bacon dressing. You are always welcome to experiment with ingredients and add shrimp, apples or even strawberries.
- 10 oz spinach leaves
- 2 eggs
- 3 1/2 oz champignons
- 1 red onion
- 1 large piece of white bread
- Olive oil
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 small shallot onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- For dressing, peel and finely chop shallot and garlic.
- Cut slices of bacon into thin strips. Fry bacon in a frying pan over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove bacon from the frying pan with a slotted spoon.
- Add shallot and garlic to the same frying pan. Add brown sugar and mix well. Remove from heat. Add vinegar and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour cold water in a small saucepan and cook eggs until ready. Peel and cut into four parts.
- Cut off champignon stems (we won’t use them). Cut mushrooms into thin slices.
- Remove the crust from the bread. Cut into cubes and quickly fry until golden brown in the frying pan where the bacon was fried.
- Rinse spinach leaves and dry with a paper towel. Put leaves in a bowl.
- Add onions and mushrooms. Top with the warm dressing and arrange on plates.
- Spread eggs and croutons on spinach. Sprinkle with fried bacon. Serve warm.