Spread the love
This paradise recipe combines two incompatible ingredients – pineapple and black pepper. But the end result is something really extraordinary.
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 small pineapple
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Vanilla ice cream to serve
For the sauce:
- 3/4 cup orange juice, better freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- For the sauce, in a small saucepan, combine orange juice, lime juice, honey and starch. Put on low heat, bring to a boil and cook for 1–2 minutes. Place the sauce in a warm place.
- Place black peppercorns in a mortar and crush coarsely.
- Сut pineapple pulp into circles. Brush with vegetable oil. Sprinkle with crushed black pepper.
- Place pineapple slices on a well-heated and oiled wire rack and fry on both sides, 6-8 minutes. If you are cooking pineapple in the oven, preheat it on the grill mode to 410° F (210° C) and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Serve pineapple topped with ice cream and sauce.