The key feature of these chicken thighs with champignons is the sauce made of cream and dry wine. You are going to fall in love with this creamy sauce over the chicken. It is full of flavor and is thick and creamy and so tasty. This is so great that it tastes like it came straight from a restaurant. Finally, it takes less than 60 minutes to get this gourmet dish at your table in one skillet.
- 6 tbsp butter
- 2 lb chicken thighs
- 1 large onion
- 12 large mushrooms
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 bouquet garni
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 2,5-3 cup heavy cream
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Place thighs. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut onion into 4 pieces.
- Remove stipes from champignons. Сut caps into quarters. Add mushrooms to the skillet.
- Chop garlic. Add to the skillet along with bouquet garni.
- Place the skillet over high heat and sauté chicken until the pieces are browned, about 5 minutes from each side.
- Pour in white wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, cook for 1 minute.
- Add heavy cream. Cover with the lid and simmer for another 30 minutes.
- Take out chicken. Blend the sauce. Check if there is enough salt and pepper.
- Put chicken pieces in deep bowls and top with the sauce.