The real beauty of this pie is its simplisity: it’s pretty easy to whip up, and can be eaten as a breakfast snack or a teatime treat. It is packed with cottage cheese and is prepared with everyday ingredients you likely have in your fridge and freezer.
- 150 g dill
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 400 g of cottage cheese
- 4 1/2 tbsp heavy cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp sweet ground paprika
- 500 g puff yeast dough
- 1 egg yolk
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 360° F (180° C).
- Wash dill and remove stems. Chop finely.
- Peel and chop garlic.
- Combine cottage cheese, cream and eggs. Blend until smooth. Then add garlic, dill, paprika, salt and pepper and stir until smooth.
- Roll out the dough. Then place the filling in the middle and flat it with a spatula. Wrap the edges.
- Brush the wrapped edges of the dough with egg yolk.
- Bake until golden brown for about 45 minutes. Cool before serving.