I adore an omlette, but not many people know that it can be a sweet and savoury dish! This sweet apple omlette is a quick and healthy protein packed meal, with a combination of flavors that tickle your imagination.
- 2 medium sweet apples
- 5 large eggs
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp vanilla sugar
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- Butter to taste
- 1 pinch of salt
- Powdered sugar for serving
- Peel apples, cut them into 6–8 parts, remove the core. Cut the flesh into thin (4–5 mm) slices
- In a frying pan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Put apples, sprinkle with vanilla sugar and fry over medium heat until soft apples for about 7 minutes.
- Beat up eggs with honey, salt and heavy cream until smooth. Add corn starch to the egg mixture and beat up again. Transfer apples to a plate.
- In the frying pan, where the apples were fried, add another 1-2 tablespoons of butter and heat over high heat. Pour in 1/2 egg mixture and fry.
- When the omelet is almost ready, but the surface is still wet, put 1/2 apples on one part of the omelet. Transfer the omelet to a plate and then cover apples with another part of the omelet.
- Sprinkle the omelet powdered sugar and serve immediately.