Spread the love
Turkey breast with dried fruits is easy on the stomach. And with no bones, it cooks to juicy perfection in about one hour. It’s a gourmet dish your family and friends will give rave reviews.
- 3 medium carrots
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large onion
- 2 small turkey breast fillets
- 200 g of dried fruits (figs, dried apricots, prunes)
- A few twigs of fresh thyme
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Salt to taste
For cranberry sauce
- 200 g cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup drinking water
- Peel 3 medium carrots and cut into thin rings.
- Remove seeds from 1 large red bell pepper, cut lengthwise into 8 parts.
- Peel 1 large onion and cut into 8 parts.
- For the sauce, combine cranberries with sugar and drinking water. Bring to a boil and cook under the lid for 10 minutes. Blend with food processor, strain through a sieve. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle two small breasts of turkey with salt and pepper. Fry in oil until golden brown.
- Transfer the roasted turkey to a heat-resistant baking dish. Add vegetables, dried fruits and a few twigs of fresh thyme. Pour in checken broth. Bake in the oven preheated to 360° F (180° C) for about 30 minutes.
- Serve with cranberry sauce.