Spread the love
A simple pasta dish made with bacon and meatballs for an extra special touch.This tagliatelle is green flavoured with spinach and is perfect for kids who are wary of greens.
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 70 g bacon
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 lb minced pork
- 1 egg
- 5 tbsp butter
- Olive oil to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Grated parmesan for serving
For green paste:
- 200 g boiled spinach
- 2 cups flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Squeeze spinach, blend in a food processor.
- Combine flour, eggs, spinach and butter and knead the dough with a fork until the dough is smooth and elastic. Roll the dough into a ball, wrap with kitchen film and put aside for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 4–6 pieces and roll out each. Don’t make them too thin. Roll the dough into a thick roll and slice tagliatelle 1/2 inch wide. Dry a little.
- Chop onions, carrots, celery and bacon finely.
- Heat in a saucepan 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add bacon and fry for 5 minutes. Add vegetables and cook for another 5-7 minutes. Add tomatoes and oregano to the pan, bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Combine the minced meat and egg, salt and pepper. Form small meatballs with wet hands.
- Heat butter in a frying pan and fry the meatballs until golden brown from all sides. Transfer the meatballs to the sauce and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Meantime, boil water in a large saucepan, salt. Cook tagliatelle al dente and put to the sauce. Mix gently and heat for 2 minutes.
- Put pasta on the plates and sprinkle with grated parmesan.