Mushroom Julienne is definitely one of the best mushroom side dishes! It will become your friends’ favorite after they try it. No matter how you serve it-as an appetizer, main dish, side dish-this mushroom Julienne will be on your menu rotation. Mushrooms Julienne is traditionally made with just sour cream and cheese over the top. It’s very rich and creamy. And the best thing – it requires a handful of ingredients and less than 30 minutes to cook.
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp cheese
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 10 oz wide mushrooms (fresh or frozen)
- 1 onion
- Rinse mushrooms in a saucepan, pour 1 glass of cold water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and cook for another 3 minutes. Take out mushrooms with slotted spoon and rinse in cold water. Slice them. Put mushroom broth aside.
- Peel onion and garlic, chop finely. In a large skillet, melt butter and saute onion and garlic on medium heat for 2 minutes. Add sliced mushrooms, pour 2 tablespoons of mushroom broth. Stew on medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Heat a smaller skillet to dry up the flour for the sauce. Add flour and keep it stirring constantly. Once the flour is slightly yellow in color add heated heavy cream and stir until everything gets incorporated well. Pour the cream to mushroom mixture and cook for 2 minutes. Add salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Pour the mixture into small metallic or ceramic ramekins, sprinkle with grated cheese on top and quickly bake until the surface is nicely browned.