Finding a new recipe for healthy breakfast can be difficult. Especially if you are opting for detox – friendly recipes. This recipe with tofu is an examples of how simple it can be to start adding more plant-based proteins to your breakfast. Tofu is not only rich in protein, but is also a great source of calcium and iron.
- 9 oz silken tofu
- 1 nori
- 2 tbsp sesame (unroasted)
- Soy sauce
- Dark sesame oil
- 3 large green apples
- 1 large soft pear
- 6 large celery stems
- 2 cm fresh ginger root
- 1 lime
- Mineral water to taste
- Take nori sheet out of the package in the evening to make it dry and crisp. In the morning, crush it with your fingers into small pieces or chop it in a coffee grinder.
- Sauté sesame seeds in a dry frying pan for 1 minute while stirring it constantly. Remove them from the frying pan in order not to have them overcooked.
- For smoothie, peel 1 apple and 1 pear, remove seeds. Slice flesh and then blend. Force juice out of celery, ginger and remaining apples. Add juice to the blender.
- Wash lime, use a grater to remove the zest. Force juice out of lime. Add juice and zest to the blender. Blend until smooth and pour to glasses.
- Put tofu into a bowl, breaking into pieces. Sprinkle with soy sauce and sesame oil, top with nori and sesame. Serve with smoothie.