Spread the love
Shrimp Fricassee – a flavorful one-pan shrimp stew with a colorful mix of vegetables in a white sauce that is perfect as a family dinner meal. Cooking this comfort food with mushrooms results in a sweet and aromatic sauce with smell spreading all around the kitchen and outdoor garden. Shrimp Fricassee is a spring dish? In all honesty, this dish does conform to any season. All your guests are going to want to lick their plates!
- 2 cup green beans (freshly frozen or fresh)
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 lb shrimp (cooked, peeled)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp butter
- 50 g dry mushrooms
- Water and dry green beans. Remove stem ends. Cook green beans in boiling salted water for 2 minutes. Drain and cool in cold water.
- Cook mushrooms in boiling water for 3 minutes, drain. Cut into small pieces. Put aside mushroom broth.
- Bring broth to a boil. Reduce the heat, add sour cream, butter, shrimp, beans and mushrooms. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir and cook for 5 minutes. Add egg yolk, allow to simmer for about 2 minutes, stirring/scraping the bottom of the pan constantly and immediately remove from heat.
- Serve over white rice.