In fall, when all sorts of summer vegetables and fruits are finishing, we start paying our attention for avocado. Take creamy avocado and combine with salmon tataki, which brings some Japanese flavors to your dish. The main trick is you need to cook your fish over extremely high heat for a very short amount of time. It’ll simply melt in your mouth.
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 4 small cucumbers
- 0.6 lb salmon fillet
- 2 cups chuka, seaweed salad
- Olive oil
- Roasted sesame for serving
- 1 inch fresh ginger root
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice or white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp dark sesame oil
- For dressing, fine grate ginger, drain through a sieve and combine with all other ingredients.
- Peel avocado, dice and combine with dressing.
- Peel cucumbers, cut them in half, then slice. Sprinkle with salt and add to avocado. Add chuka.
- Cut salmon fillet into 1 ½ inch pieces wide. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and oil.
- Heat a dry frying pan and fry fish pieces on each side for 20 seconds. Cool a bit and slice with a sharp knife.
- Place salad mixture on plates, top with slices of salmon. Sprinkle with dressing and sesame.