What do you have for lunch? For me, lunch is something that is filling, satisfying and healthy. But what if you top your salads with warm proteins, like this salmon. You will have comforting, waist-friendly and really easy to make lunch. This salmon salad is loaded with crisp, fresh vegetable and tossed in a sesame dressing. These are just the foundation of a brilliant mixed salad, but you can make adjustments for your own taste preferences.
- 1lb salmon fillet
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 small cucumbers
- 200 g lettuce mixture (rucola, radicchio)
- 2-3 tbsp sesame seeds
- ¾ inch ginger root
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Remove the skin from salmon fillet. Cut into 4 pieces. Rub with salt and pepper. Put aside for 5–10 minutes.
- Cut avocado into small cubes.
- Put sesame seeds into a dry, oil-free pan. Lightly salt and fry on medium heat, while shaking the pan, for about 2 minutes. Transfer sesame seeds to a plate.
- Slice cucumbers and sprinkle with salt.
- Put the salmon pieces on a very hot frying pan. Fry on all sides until the color starts changing. Inside the salmon must remain raw. Cool slightly and cut or break the fillets into smaller pieces.
- For dressing, peel and grate ginger, mix with soy sauce, olive and sesame oil.
- Spread the lettuce mixture on plates. Put salmon, cucumbers and avocado on the leaves.
- Pour over the dressing.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.