Spread the love
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour, or as required
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 11 tablespoons very cold butter, unsalted (Cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 ¼ cups buttermilk
- Whisk the flour, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl to combine. Transfer one cup of dry ingredients into a food processor, and sprinkle in the butter cubes. Pulse 5-7 times until the pieces of butter are pea-sized. Transfer to the bowl the remaining dry ingredients, and stir until the butter is evenly distributed.
- Use your fingers to make several depressions in the flour mixture. A little at a time, add the buttermilk, using your fingers to mix until fully incorporated. Gently work the dough just until it comes together. Lightly cover and refrigerate for an hour.
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator and using a cookie cutter, cut out the rounds. Place them on the baking sheet and bake until them are golden brown, around 10-13 minutes. The oven temp is 425 degrees F.