Spread the love
Is there anything better for Friday evening than lasagna loaded with cheese? We don’t think so. We enjoy adding crumbled Gorgonzola and chopped mozzarella rather than shredded for extra flavor and better texture. No one will ever guess how easy this full-flavored lasagna layered together in just minutes to make.
- 11 cooked lasagna noodles
- 7 oz mozzarella
- 5 oz gorgonzola
- 2 oz Parmesan
For bechamel sauce
- 100 g butter
- 4 tbsps flour
- 4 cups milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 pinch of grated nutmeg
- Freshly ground white pepper
- Melt butter in a saucepan, add flour and cook, stirring for 4 minutes. Pour in milk, mix thoroughly to avoid lumps.
- Season with nutmeg and pepper, cook, stirring constantly, until thick, for 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat, cool for 15 minutes. Divide the sauce into 2 parts.
- Grate or finely chop mozzarella. Crumble gorgonzola.
- Add mozzarella to one part of sauce, and gorgonzola to another one. Mix thoroughly.
- In a rectangular shaped baking dish greased with butter, pour in 1/4 heavy cream.
- Layer with one lasagna noodle. Spread mozzarella sauce. Layer with another lasagna noodle and spread Gorgonzola sauce. Repeat the layers until the ingredients run out. The last layer should be mozzarella sauce.
- Pour the remaining heavy cream along the edges of the baking sheet. Cover the sheet with foil and put into oven preheated to 350°F (180° C) and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, remove the foil and sprinkle with grated parmesan and return to the oven for another 10-15 minutes. Serve hot.