Spread the love
This salad takes the common, run of the mill blue cheese salad dressing, and improves upon it – a soft, milkier flavor and a more unctuous consistency make this the perfect thing to drizzle over fresh figs, baby arugula and some perfectly crisped prosciutto.
- 3 to 4 slices prosciutto di Parma
- 4 ounces La Tur cheese (at room temp)
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2tablespoons olive oil (extra-virgin)
- 1teaspoon Champagne vinegar
- Fine sea salt
- 17-ounce package baby arugula
- 6-8 fresh figs, quartered
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. On a foil-lined baking sheet, place the prosciutto and cook until crisp, approx. 15 minutes. Be sure to turn once.
- While waiting, combine La Tur, olive oil, buttermilk, vinegar and 2 tablespoons of water in a blender, and purée until perfectly smooth. If you need to reach a pourable consistency, add a dash more water. Season with salt to taste.
- Pile the arugula on 4 salad plates, then evenly divide the prosciutto and figs amongst the plates. Finally, drizzle with the dressing.