Spread the love
White pizza is a tomato sauce-less pizza typically covered in ricotta and mozzarella instead of tomato sauce. This white pizza with vegetables and pesto is food that you will eat even after just having finished dinner. If the thought of eating a pizza with no sauce sounds strange to you, don’t leave yet! We guarantee you’ll be more open to the idea after you try it once.
- 3 oz ricotta or fresh cottage cheese
- 15 oz grams fresh pizza dough
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 leeks
- 1 cup asparagus
- ½ cup fresh green peas
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 2 ½ oz mozzarella
- 200 g homemade pesto
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 handful of small lettuce leaves (arugula, watercress)
- 1 handful basil
- 1 oz peccorino or any other hard piquant cheese
- 1/3 cup fried, unsalted pistachios
- Preheat oven to 450° F and put the baking sheet on the lower level of the oven.
- Drain ricotta or cottage cheese if it is too wet. If you use cottage cheese, blend it with your blender to make it tender.
- Place pizza dough on the baking sheet, that has been dusted with flour, and spread with your fingers until dough is 1/4 inch thick. Oil the dough on the top with a brush. Bake for 5 minutes to make it crisp and golden.
- Peel zucchini, cut in half, remove the seeds and cut into thin slices. Cut leeks into half (use only a white and pale green part), then cut across in thin half rings. Cut asparagus if you think it is too large.
- Combine leeks, zucchini, asparagus, peas in a bowl, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine ricotta (cottage cheese), finely chopped mozzarella, pesto, chopped garlic, lemon zest and mix well. Spread the ricotta mixture on the pizza dough and top it with vegetables. Bake the pizza for 10-15 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine lettuce leaves and basil with the remaining olive oil.
- Remove the finished pizza from the oven and garnish it immediately with green leaves, finely grated cheese and pistachios. Let it cool down a little. Then cut and serve.