Spread the love
Squid goes well with vegetables, especially if they are crispy and juicy. Celery and onions can be used to make a sauce and it certainly won’t be superfluous here.
- 500 g squid
- 400 g cauliflower
- 2 sweet peppers
- 2 stalks of stalked celery
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
For the sauce
- 1 stalked celery
- 1 onion
- 1 leek
- Leaves of 2-3 stalks of parsley
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 pinch of dry thyme
- Wash squid and cut into 1/2 inch wide strips lengthwise. Pour over with boiling water.
- Wash vegetables thoroughly. Cut cauliflower into small florets. Cut peppers in half. Remove the core. Cut the pulp into cubes. Slice celery. Cut leek into thick rings.
- Heat 1/2 oil in a skillet. Fry vegetables over high heat for 5 minutes. Add dry wine. Salt and pepper. Stir and cook over low heat for 12-15 minutes.
- Add squid to vegetables, simmer for 4 minutes. Remove from heat and place on a dish.
- Cook the sauce. Wash celery, onion and parsley. Dry and chop finely.
- Heat the remaining oil in a saucepan. Fry vegetables for 3-4 minutes. Add lemon juice, thyme, salt and pepper. Pour heavy cream. Stir and remove from heat. Cool the sauce slightly.
- Blend the sauce. Season the dish with sauce and serve.