If desired, panzanella can be combined from other baked vegetables: sweet potatoes, celery, carrots, beets, cauliflower, etc. The main ingrediet to present is tomato, as tomatoes produce tons of flavorful liquid which is essential for rehydrating the dried bread.
- 1 ciabatta
- 10 oz pumpkin pulp
- 2 large yellow peppers
- 300 g cherry tomatoes
- 100 g mixture of black and green olives (pitted)
- 2 tbsps capers
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 basil sprigs
- Red wine vinegar
- Olive oil
- Salt, black pepper
- Break ciabatta into pieces and let it dry for at least 1 hour, preferably 5-7 hours.
- Preheat oven to 340 °F (170° C ).
- Combine 6 tablespoons of butter with garlic and a pinch of salt. Sprinkle bread with the butter mixture and bake until a little golden.
- Cut peppers in half. Cut pumpkin into ½ -1 inch cubes, Sprinkle with the remaining butter mixture. Cover the baking sheet with parchment, spread pumpkin and pepper skin up. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool and peel peppers, cut into thin strips.
- Cut cherry tomatoes into 2-4 pieces. Finely chop leaves of basil.
- Crush black and green olives, divide in half. Cpmbine olives with peppers, cherry tomatoes, pumpkin and capers. Season with basil, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper.
- Add ciabatta, mix, put aside for 5 minutes and serve.