Apple pancakes are good enough on their own but that’s nothing compared to how perfect they are when you’ve piled on caramel topping. These pancakes are wonderful for the lunchbox and breakfast, they taste amazing both straight from the pan and cold. Mmmmm. Dig in!
- 2 red apples
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 30 g butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Grate one apple. Cut another apple into cubes.
- In a deep bowl, combine eggs and 1/3 sugar. Pour in milk. Mix thoroughly. Add flour and baking powder. Knead the dough.
- Add grated apple. Stir. Heat a lightly oiled frying pan over medium heat. Pour the dough with a tablespoon. Fry for 1 minute from each side.
- Meantime, prepare caramel. Melt butter in a skillet. Add the remaining sugar. Add apple cubes. Boil over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture becomes amber-colored. Pour in heavy cream. Add cinnamon. Boil the mixture for 2 minutes.
- Top pancakes with caramel. Serve warm.