Today pasta is for those who are looking for an unusual but fantastic combination of ingredients. But if you are confident that the perfect combination and proportions of the herbs and rich flavors with the fresh veggies will be just as satisfying, feel free to add as much as you want. You can also add chicken breast and maybe some crushed red pepper for additional flavor. In other words, experiment with this recipe!
- 8 oz finely chopped mozzarella cheese
- 4 tbsp fresh basil leaves
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 oz grated parmesan
- 12 oz pasta (spaghetti)
- 2 eggplants
- 1 cup fat heavy cream
- 10 oz mascarpone cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 400° F (200° C).
- Cut eggplants into small cubes. Spread on a baking dish, sprinkle with olive oil and bake for 20 minutes
- Boil spaghetti in salted water for 7-10 minutes, drain in a colander.
- Prepare cheese sauce. Mix heavy cream and mascarpone in a skillet, heat over low heat for 5 minutes. Add ½ parmesan, mix. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Put ½ pasta into a baking dish and pour ½ cheese sauce. Put eggplants, mozzarella and basil leaves on top. Repeat with all the ingredients. Sprinkle with the remaining parmesan. Bake for 20–25 minutes, until golden brown.