Spread the love
Do you have a jar of salted caramel sauce in the back of your fridge? No? Then, buy it. Why? Because it transforms regular hot chocolate into a brilliant hot drink. This recipe of hot chocolate with salted caramel guarantees the perfect balance and flavor of smoky caramelized sugar with a hint of salt.
- 4 ½ tbsp sugar
- 2-3 drops of lemon juice
- ½ tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 cup milk
- 2 oz milk chocolate
- ½ oz dark chocolate
- 1 pinch of salt
- Whipped cream
- Сaramel sauce
- In a bowl, mix sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Heat lemon-sugar mixture in a skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly until melted sugar. Bring caramel to a light amber colour.
- Gently pour milk into the skillet and continue heating until caramel is dissolved in milk. As soon as milk starts boiling, put the skillet aside. Add a pinch of salt.
- Finely chop chocolate and add to the skillet. Whisk the mixture until smooth.
- Pour drink into high glasses. Garnish with whipped cream and caramel sauce.