The mozzarella potato frittata is an easy way to start your morning and feed the whole family. Seriously, you can pretty much throw anything in it and it will work. This frittata is a great combination of golden potatoes, fluffy eggs, fresh and delicious dairy flavor of mozzarella cheese. This particular recipe is just what we had on hand but you should feel free to use any ingredient you want, except the eggs, of course.
- 6 eggs
- 3 small boiled potatoes
- 1 sweet green pepper
- 1 small red onion
- 5 sprigs of dill
- 3-4 feathers of green onions
- 2 oz mini mozzarella
- Olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400° F (200° C).
- Slice boiled potatoes. Remove seeds from pepper, cut into cubes. Peel and chop onion. Chop dill and green onions.
- Slice mozzarella.
- Beat up eggs with a fork, add greens and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry potatoes until golden brown. Add onion and pepper and cook for another 5 minutes. Transfer vegetables to a plate.
- Add some more oil to the pan and pour eggs. Spread vegetables on top of the egg mixture and add mozzarella. Bake frittata for 10–15 minutes.