Spread the love
This easy to cook but totally flavorful salad is perfect for lunch or dinner thanks to pan-seared citrus-flavored shrimp.You can use other seafood like scallops or even grilled salmon broken into pieces.
- 1 pink grapefruit
- 1 white grapefruit
- 1 pomelo
- 2 oranges
- 2 limes
- 400 g large raw shrimp (deveined)
- 2 large red sweet peppers
- 1 inch fresh ginger root
- 4–5 sprigs of mint
- Vegetable oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chili for decoration
- Peel ginger, grate and mix with 1/4 cup of oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine shrimps with ginger marinade, put aside for 1 hour at room temperature or up to 12 hours in the refrigerator.
- Remove seeds from pepper and cut into thin strips. Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a large frying pan, and fry pepper over high heat for 1 minute. Add shrimp with marinade and fry for another 3 minutes. Transfer shrimp and pepper to a plate. Don’t clean the frying pan.
- Peel all citrus fruit and cut into small pieces, keeping the juice flowing into the frying pan. Add a couple of tablespoons of cold water, put on medium heat and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, cool.
- Chop mint leaves and chilies finely.
- Combine citrus fruits, shrimp with pepper and mint. Pour with liquid from the pan, pepper and salt. Serve immediately. Decorate with chili.