Spread the love
This elegant nut tarts are surprisingly easy to cook, thanks to the very simple filling. They can be made up to three days ahead and refrigerated until ready to use.
For the filling:
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cup almond nuts
- 1 cup walnuts
- Almonds and walnuts for decoration
- Honey to taste
For the dough:
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 8 oz softened butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch of salt
- Combine butter and powdered sugar in a bowl and mix with a mixer at low speed. Add 1 egg and mix again. Add 3/4 flour and mix quickly.
- Gradually add the remaining flour. The dough must be soft.
- Knead the dough several times and form a ball. Wrap with kitchen film and put into the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Cut the dough into half and roll out into a thin layer. Cut circles 1 inch larger than the diameter of the tartpans.
- Put the dough in the tart pans and press a bit. Run rolling pin over top of pan to remove any excess dough. Prick the dough with a fork.
- Bake in the oven preheated to 350° F (175° C) for 10 minutes. The tarts should not change color.
- Blend almonds in a food processor. Transfer to a bowl.
- Blend walnuts in a food processor to get a large crumb. Transfer to the almonds. Add powdered sugar and mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs and nut mixture, stir well.
- Spread the nut filling on the tart shells. Decorate with almonds and walnuts.
- Return the tart shells to the oven and bake for another 12 minutes. Cool and then remove them from the tartpans.
- Melt some honey and brush nuts. Serve the tart shells cool.