Did you know that tuna is full of heart healthy benefits? It contains Omega-3 fatty acids, which help to reduce cholesterol and immune system building anti-oxidant.
If you’re searching for a healthy dish for your next barbecue or picnic, try this super easy, delicious and flavorful Tuna Pasta Salad! With tender pasta, a light dressing and healthy tuna, it’s the perfect dish for any time.
- 11 ounces pasta (shells, farfalle, etc)
- 1 onion
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 lemon juice
- 3 tbsp vegetable broth
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 handfuls of arugula
- 12 basil leaves
- 12 ounces canned tuna
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cook pasta in boiling, salted water according to the instructions on the package.
- Place the cooked pasta in a large bowl with chopped onions and tomatoes.
- Combine lemon juice, vegetable broth and oil together. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over the salad. Put aside for 10 minutes.
- Add arugula, basil and tuna. Season with salt and pepper if necessary.