As for the chicken, any cut will do. I used the whole chicken separated into pieces here and I like skin-on for a more moist chicken, but skinless will work. This chicken smells heavenly while baking in the oven and the results are very flavourful. I guarantee once you cook it, it will become a regular in your meal rotation.
- 4 1/2 lb chicken
- 150–200 g smoked bacon
- 2 medium red onions
- 2 medium white onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp dried marjoram
- Black pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Separate chicken into portions.
- Rub all parts of the chicken with salt, pepper and marjoram.
- Peel red and white onions, cut into quarters.
- Cut bacon into medium pieces.
- Grease the baking dish (preferably ceramic, in which the dish can be served) with vegetable oil, put the chicken pieces, onion and garlic. Top with bacon.
- Bake in the oven preheated to 360° F (180° C) for 30 minutes. Turn all the pieces of the chicken and bake for another 40 minutes, until golden brown.