This crunchy and extremely simple mixed nut praline has a tasty bite to it which is full of nutty flavour. Served with a warm tea as a sweet snack or broken up on a plate with some ice-cream scoops, this praline makes a great home-made gift! You can even decorate cakes, mousses and sorbet with praline.
- 2 tbsp almonds
- 2 tbsp cashews
- 2 tbsp walnuts
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Fry walnuts and almonds in a dry frying pan, stirring constantly, for 5–6 minutes. Put nuts on one part of a towel, cover with another part and rub lightly to remove the husk.
- Fry cashews in a dry frying pan until golden brown.
- Put all the nuts between two layers of kitchen film and roll with a rolling pin 2-3 times.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a skilet. Add sugar and cook, stirring constantly, until the sugar is completely melted and becomes light yellow.
- Add nuts, mix. Remove from heat in 2-3 minutes.
- Cover the working surface with a sheet of foil or pastry paper, oil it and pour the caramel mixture. Smooth out the surface with a spoon. Let it freeze. Separate the praline from the foil and serve.