This amazing corn pancake recipe is quick and easy, with simple ingredients to make a delicious snack or meal. The turkey adds some protein, and a tasteful seasoning mix of onion, thyme, leek, and mustard really ties it all together.
- 5 slices bacon
- 200 g leek (white part)
- 1 small onion
- 2–3 green onion stalks
- Vegetable oil to taste
- 1/2 lb baked turkey
- 1 apple
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1/2 cup white dry wine
- 130 g ricotta
- Mustard to taste
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 3/4 cup corn flour
- For pancakes in a large bowl, beat melted butter, eggs, milk, salt and sugar.
- Add flour and knead the dough. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Fry bacon in a dry frying pan until crunch. Transfer to paper towels.
- Cut leek and onion into thin half-rings and fry in the same frying pan with oil for 8 minutes. Add green onions and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Cut turkey into small pieces.
- Peel apple and cut into small cubes.
- Add all the prepared ingredients to turkey along with thyme and wine. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and mix with ricotta and finely chopped bacon. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cool for 30 minutes.
- Bake pancakes with vegetable oil.
- Place turkey stuffing in the middle of each pancake and roll it up. Serve with mustard.