Spread the love
This is a perfect, easy Italian-style dish – squid can easily be replaced by prawns. The oil and potatoes work so well with seafood.
- 2 lbs small squid
- 2 lemons
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Olive oil for frying
- 2 lbs potato
- 14 oz spinach
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp white dry wine
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Clean and rinse squids. Put in a large bowl.
- Remove lemon zest and squeeze juice. Mix lemon juice with salt and pepper, add olive oil, chopped garlic, parsley leaves and zest. Stir.
- Pour 1/2 marinade to squid. Put aside to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Peel potatoes and cut into cubes.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil mixed with crushed garlic cloves. Fry potatoes on medium heat until golden brown. Salt, add a little boiling water to the skillet and cover with the lid. Reduce heat to medium and cook potatoes until soft.
- Add spinach leaves to potatoes. Pour in wine and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring. Season with pepper.
- While potatoes are being cooked, heat a large frying pan with vegetable oil over high heat. Drain the squid from the marinade and fry in small portions. Put the finished squid in a bowl, pour the remaining marinade. Serve with potatoes and spinach.