Meringue is a sweet dessert, often associated with French, Swiss, and Italian cuisine and while it may seem terrifying to cook, a meringue is nothing more than a mixture of beaten egg whites and sugar. Meringue is a must-have decoration for many desserts – everything from a popular lemon meringue pie to a rusberry soup we offer you to cook today. Rusberry-this fruity berry with rich flavor keeps the meringue from being too sweet.
- 6 egg whites
- 2 tbsp honey
- 6 oz raspberries
- 1-2 tbsp raspberry liqueur
- Balsamic vinegar
- 2/3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup: 207 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 33mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
- In a bowl, whisk egg whites until soft peaks are formed. Gradually add sugar, followed by honey until egg whites reach stiff peaks. Mixture should be smooth and glossy.
- Use a large spoon or ice cream scoop to form meringue onto the parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake at 233°F (120°C) for 50-60 minutes.
- Combine raspberries, sugar, raspberry liqueur and balsamic vinegar together in a food processor and process until liquefied. Serve in bowls with meringue on top.