Spread the love
Sweet and cool watermelon and salty cheese is a surprising combination… but add baked peppers to the mix, and you’ll get a refreshing but still solid salad. Just try it – we guarantee you will add this salad to your recipe-book.
- 2 lbs watermelon
- 4 large ripe tomatoes
- 3 red or orange sweet peppers
- 1 red onion
- 1 small bunch of mint
- 7 oz (200 g) feta or brynza
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt, freshly ground black pepper
- Slice peppers, remove seeds. Heat olive oil in a large heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat and fry peppers for 5 minutes. Cool and dice. Transfer to a bowl.
- Cut onions into thin half-rings, slice tomatoes. Chop mint leaves.
- Remove seeds and rind from watermelon. Cut flesh into medium pieces.
- Mix all ingredients, season with salt, pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Add crumbled cheese.