Spread the love
Thin, delicate dough and a lot of fillings of bacon, mushrooms and vegetables! This Galette is truly universal: it is good in itself for dinner, and as an addition to the soup, and even for breakfast.
- 1 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 lb champignon
- 4 oz goat cheese or blue cheese
- 4 slices of bacon
- 6 eggs (optional)
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 10 sprigs of thyme
- 4 sprigs of parsley
- 1 yolk
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- Olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the dough:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Combine flour and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine warm water, olive oil, and an egg. Pour the mixture to the flour mixture.
- Knead the dough. Cover with kitchen film and put aside for 1 hour.
- Combine balsamic vinegar and brown sugar in a skillet. Bring to a boil and then cook over low heat until 1/2 liquid is evaporated.
- Cut mushrooms into thin slices.
- Peel onions and garlic. Chop garlic. Cut onion into cubes.
- Preheat a frying pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and fry bacon until golden brown. Transfer bacon to the paper towels and then cut into small pieces.
- Add onions and mushrooms to the pan and fry for 10–12 minutes, until all the liquid is evaporated.
- Add garlic and thyme and cook for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Separate broccoli into small florets and cook in boiling salted water for 5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400° F (200° C).
- Roll out the dough into a 15-inch circle and transfer it to the baking sheet. Spread mushrooms, broccoli and bacon on the dough stepping back 2-3 inches from the edge.
- Crumble the cheese into small pieces and spread over the mushroom mixture.
- Cover the filling with edges and grease the dough with the mixture of yolk and 1 teaspoon of water. Bake the cake for about 30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Take out the galetta from the oven and sprinkle with balsamic sauce.
- Fry eggs and place them on the top. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve immediately.