I love a simple pasta for throwing together quickly on busy week days. This pasta with pear and blue cheese is fashioned after one of my visits at my favorite Italian restaurants. It is a grand success for both your ordinary dinner and festive dinner.
- 120 g pear pulp
- 260 g linguine or fetuccini
- 2 1/2 oz blue cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup fat cream
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp honey
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 walnuts
- Cut pear into thin slices. Put aside 1/2 half for serving.
- Heat butter in a deep frying pan and fry 1/2 pear until soft for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup of water. Add 1 1/2 tablespoon of honey, thyme, black pepper. Simmer for 1 minute.
- Meantime cook paste in boiling salted water for 3-4 minutes. Add to the frying pan to the sauce.
- Pour in cream and bring to a boil.
- Add 2/3 diced blue cheese. Mix.
- Put pasta on plates. Garnish with the remaining honey, walnuts, black pepper, the remaining blue cheese and pear.
- Serve right away.