These muffins are perfect when you need to bake something without eggs, butter and milk. They’re soft with a rich chocolate flavour, pretty easy to make, and they pair perfectly with coffee or a good cup of tea. You will certainly want to make them on repeat.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup whole grain flour
- 2 1/2 tbsp corn starch
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 100 g of dark chocolate 70%
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- 1 cup orange jam
- Salt to taste
- Chop chocolate and melt in a microwave for 10 seconds. Cool slightly.
- Combine sugar, water, vegetable oil and salt. Add melted chocolate and orange zest.
- Combine ordinary flour, whole grain flour, starch and baking powder. Combine chocolate mixture with dry ingredients and mix quickly.
- Oil the muffin moulds or use paper moulds. Pour in 1/2 dough. Make small holes in the center and fill with 1 teaspoon of orange jam. Spread the remaining dough.
- Bake muffins in the oven preheated to 360° F(180° C) for 20 min.
- Cool muffins for 5 minutes. Remove from the moulds. Serve warm.