These cookies are easy to make, and absolutely everyone will like them because of their delicate chocolate filling.
1 1/2 cup flour
1 cup butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
6 tbsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp baking powder
For the filling:
1/2 cup chocolate
1 cup almonds
Powdered sugar to taste
- In a large bowl, whisk or spoon butter and powdered sugar.
- Add egg and yolk. Stir until smooth.
- Sift cornstarch, baking powder and flour into another bowl and stir. Transfer the butter mixture to the center of the flour mixture and start kneading the dough.
- Roll out dough into walnut-sized balls and place on a parchment-lined tray. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 340° F(170° C). Transfer the cookies to a baking sheet. Make a deepening in the center of each ball. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool the cookies completely on the wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Melt chocolate and add a little to each cookie.
- Fry almonds in a dry skillet. Transfer nuts to a plate and cool. Decorate the cookies with almonds.