I often bake this banana-chocolate cake which is perfect in the mornings with yogurt and fresh fruit. It combines the sweetness of ripe mashed bananas with bitter chocolate. You can bake this tasty snacking cake for family gatherings as it feeds up to 10 people.
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 125 g dark chocolate
- Vanilla to taste
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 bananas
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large bowl, beat up eggs with sugar. Add vanilla (or vanilla sugar) to taste.
- Mash Bananas with a fork or in a blender. Use ripe bananas.
- Add banana puree to the egg mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, a pinch of salt and baking powder.
- Combine dry ingredients and wet ingredients together. Stir gently.
- Cut chocolate. You can either chop it finely or break into small pieces, which will then melt in your cake.
- Add chopped chocolate to other ingredients.
- Grease the cake pan with butter.
- Pour the mixture and bake for 50–60 minutes until golden brown.